CAMRA LocAle – is an accreditation scheme to promote pubs that sell locally-brewed real ale. The scheme builds on a growing consumer demand for quality local produce and an increasing awareness of ‘green’ issues.
The LocAle scheme was created in 2007 by CAMRA’s Nottingham Branch, following the demise of local brewer Hardy &Hansons, to support the tradition of brewing in Nottinghamshire.
Everyone benefits from local pubs stocking locally brewed real ale…..
- Stocking local real ales can increase visits to public houses
- Consumers get to enjoy greater bee choice and locally brewed beer
- Local brewers increase their sales and get better feedback from consumers
- More money is spent and retained in the local economy
- Fewer ‘beer miles’ results in less road congestion and pollution, reducing impact on the environment
- Tourism due to an increased sense of local identity and pride – let’s celebrate what makes our locality different.…
Bradford Branch of CAMRA has relaunched the LocAle scheme and the updated participating pubs list is attached below. We are delighted to promote local pubs who stock a local ale. The list will also be published in our Tyke Taverner magazine.
CAMRA members can help by recommending more pubs in the Bradford Branch area – Bradford, Shipley, Baildon, Bingley, Ilkley, Menston, Burley-in-Wharfedale. Just pop an email with your comments to email@example.com and we’ll follow it up – or come to our monthly Branch meeting where locAle is a standing item on the agenda.…